- Akea Life has announced a new partnership that gives users access to Phlo Connect’s digital pharmacy platform
- Akea clinicians can now use the platform to electronically send and sign prescriptions, significantly reducing their administrative workload
- Their patients can now select the digital or physical pharmacy to which their prescription is delivered, eliminating multiple barriers to medication access
AKEA Life, a premium UK private GP home visit and healthcare provider, has partnered with Phlo Connect, a market-leading digital pharmacy infrastructure provider, to roll out streamlined electronic prescribing and prescription delivery to all their users.
With winter pressures stretching the capacity of healthcare providers to their limits, digital solutions designed to reduce administrative workloads and accelerate medication delivery have a hugely important role to play in the timely delivery of patient care.
Phlo Connect’s technology digitally bridges gaps and streamlines what was formerly a laborious and time-intensive prescription and medication delivery process. Using the bespoke, integrated platform, Akea’s growing national network of clinicians can now easily create and send digital prescriptions to patients and pharmacies, eliminating the need for the paper copies or wet signatures.
Akea patients can use the user-friendly, app-accessible platform to pay for and order their medication straight to their door, or to send it to a convenient local pharmacy for collection.
Digital prescribing has proven to be a time and cost effective solution to what was previously a lengthy, slow, and admin-heavy medication journey for patients and clinicians. It has:
- Saved the NHS an estimated £300 million between 2018-2021
- Saved GPs an average of 2 hour 33 minutes per day when signing and producing electronic prescriptions versus paper ones
- Reduced time spent by pharmacists on the collection and and dispensation of prescriptions by an average of 1 hour 37 minutes per day
Akea Life’s Managing Director, Ben Paglia, says: “At Akea Life, we’re committed to delivering the best possible quality of care. Convenience, discretion, flexibility and expertise are the pillars of our service: partnering with Phlo Connect allows us to achieve that by offering our patients an easy, secure, and flexible way to manage their medication on their own terms.
“For our clinicians, Phlo’s technology removes the frustration and manual work from issuing and sending prescriptions: a hugely welcomed convenience. Integrating with Phlo Connect couldn’t have been simpler, and we are looking forward to the development of our partnership in the future.”
Phlo’ Connect’s API-driven infrastructure has been specially designed to navigate legal complexities around digital prescribing. Their breakthrough technology also integrates seamlessly with existing clinical systems and prescribing pathways.
Phlo Connect’s Chief Commercial Officer, Adam Hunter, comments: “We’re ending 2022 on a high with the roll out of our latest collaborative partnership. Phlo Connect and Akea Life are both sector-leading healthcare companies with a shared focus on the delivery of outstanding patient care and barrier-free access to medication and therapeutics.
“Now, Phlo Connect can offer Akea Life’s patients a quicker, easier and flexible way to access their medication as well as saving many hours of operational time and freeing up their healthcare professionals to focus on what matters most – their patients.”