Single Vendor CRM Deployment Outperforms Multi-Party Approach, Survey Reveals

11/01/2024
Man using computer laptop software with graphs and charts showing sales data. CRM Customer
Man using computer laptop software with graphs and charts showing sales data. CRM Customer

Unearthing the Secret to CRM Success

Workbooks, a leading CRM solution provider, has conducted a comprehensive survey to understand the experiences of businesses during CRM deployments. The study provides valuable insights into the factors that can make or break the success of CRM implementations.

The Rise and Challenges of CRM Systems

Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems have seen a meteoric rise in popularity over the last two decades. However, a significant number of businesses are still struggling with ineffective decision-making and inefficient processes. These inefficiencies have led to a collective waste of £725,300 worldwide, as per global studies.

Single Vendor vs Multi-Party Engagements

The survey asked participants to evaluate their satisfaction levels throughout their CRM deployment. It was found that single vendors consistently outperformed multi-party engagements. A staggering 64.9% of businesses currently prefer the single-vendor approach, establishing direct relationships with their CRM providers. On the other hand, 35.1% opt for the multi-party route, engaging external partners to supplement their CRM deployments.

Lower Satisfaction Levels with Multi-Party Deployments

Businesses engaging in multi-party deployments reported lower satisfaction levels compared to those with direct relationships. The survey showed a strong preference for single-vendor partnerships, with the least satisfactory experiences linked to engagements with other technology vendors.

Single Vendors Shine in CRM Deployments

When it comes to the successful deployment of CRM systems, single vendors outshine their multi-party counterparts. On a 10-point scale, single vendors excelled in critical aspects such as value for money, achieving a score of 7.7/10, surpassing the 6.3/10 of multi-party vendors. Notably, 53% of respondents faced unforeseen additional costs, with a whopping 75% of those working with third-party vendors bearing the brunt of extra expenses. However, 56% of participants opting for a single vendor expressed satisfaction with deployment costs.

Quality Insights and Decision-Making Support

Single vendors also excelled in providing quality insights and decision-making support, scoring 7.2/10 compared to the 6.5/10 of multi-party vendors. This significant difference in support quality greatly increases the likelihood of successfully achieving deployment goals. Single vendors also outperformed in executing user activation plans, ensuring participant satisfaction with the number of activated user licenses and facilitating their seamless utilisation.

Impact on the Success of CRM Deployments

The study highlights a clear correlation between direct collaboration with a single vendor and the success of CRM deployments. In enhancing the overall customer experience, single vendors secured a noteworthy rating of 6.8/10, surpassing the 6.6/10 achieved by multi-party vendors.

User Satisfaction and Customer Acquisition

Participants opting for a single vendor consistently reported higher levels of user satisfaction, with a rating of 7.1/10 compared to the 6.8/10 reported by their counterparts engaging with multi-party vendors. Even in terms of customer acquisition, those choosing a single-vendor route demonstrated more success, scoring 6.9/10 compared to the 6.4/10 achieved by their multi-party counterparts.

Workbooks’ Take on the CRM Industry

Dan Roche, Chief Marketing Officer at Workbooks, expressed his concern over the high number of failed CRM deployments despite the industry’s maturity. He believes that the survey’s findings could be the silver bullet to ensure CRM success. If this proves to be the case, buyers of CRM software can virtually guarantee outcomes, leading to significant improvements in customer experience and productivity.

The Latest Stories

Adaptive Process Solutions delivers step change results for oil and gas produced water production
Funding falls back from record high in 2022/23, but still better than the wider venture market
Edinburgh Fintech relaunches synthetic data platform amid surging demand
Electric vehicle chargers across Highlands used as little as six times per year